Motels are the most popular cheap accommodations in the United States and many are located near the interstates. They provide affordable rooms to travelers with cars. Most of them are reasonably priced, clean and provide basic amenities such as bed, bedroom, TV and telephone.
Motel 6 and Super 8 are popular motel chains in USA and you choose them over private-owned ones to ensure a comfortable stay. Generally, reservations are not necessary as motels are arbitrarily chosen during a long road trip. Some bed and breakfasts are actually quite good compared to standard hotels and these are some of them:
- A.G. Thomson House: Historic Bed and Breakfast in Duluth, Minnesota
- The Reynolds Mansion in Asheville, North Carolina
- Canyon Villa Bed and Breakfast Inn in Sedona, Arizona
- 1884 Tinkerbelle’s Wildwood Bed and Breakfast in Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Liberty Hill Inn in Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts